- 250 g almonds, soaked 3-5 hours
- 250 g dates, soaked 30 minutes
- 100 g coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 75 g shredded unsweetened coconut
- 25 g maca powder (optional)
- 60 g hemp protein powder
- 45 g flax seeds or chia seeds
- 90 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 g crisp rice or other crunchy cereal
Soak the almonds, and add the dates for the last half hour. This step is optional, but it will make things easier to mix. Drain.
Place all the ingredients except crisp rice in a food processor. Pulse or blend until the mixture is thick and sticky. Add the crisp rice and pulse until combined, or stir in with a spoon, depending on whether you want it ground up.
Lightly grease a loaf pan or two, depending on how thick you want your bars to be, and press the mixture into the pan. Refrigerate an hour or so, or until easy to slice. Slice into bars.